Talk for Health
Talk for Health is a social enterprise improving mental health. It was started in 2008 by Nicky Forsythe, an Accredited Psychotherapist, to teach people an evidence-based method for therapeutic talking. It is as effective as therapy. It teaches groups of people to engage in an effective group therapeutic talk process with each other. In this way, Talk for Health builds both individual and social mental health and wellbeing.
FREE PROGRAMME IN TALKING FOR WELLBEING
WHAT’S THE IDEA?
It’s important to take care of our emotional wellbeing, just as it is to take care of our bodies. One way of doing this is to connect in a truthful and empathic way with others.
WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
Come to a Taster, then you can:
• Come to Talk for Health Ongoing groups; continue talking for wellbeing, gain communication skills and develop strong peer networks.
• Do our in-depth 4-day Talk for Health Programme. It’s all FREE and is commissioned by the NHS. You will learn and have space for:
• Honest talking – being the real you
• Empathic listening • Basic counselling skills
• How to set up and be part of an ongoing group to talk for wellbeing
We understand how busy you are and want to make your lives easier!
Begin with a Taster and register here for our next 2-hour NELFT Taster event: Wednesday 6th July 6-8pm (online)
As we are funded by North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) we have to give priority to Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Waltham Forest or Redbridge residents, students, or those with a GP in either of those boroughs.
We also hold ongoing monthly Café’s, so there’s very little wait time.
Our ongoing groups are currently held online on the:
- 2nd Friday of the Month
- 2nd Sunday of the Month
With more groups incoming, so please keep an eye on our Eventbrite page
For more information on dates of events, download the pdf flyer below.