From our findings we believe the following recommendations would be useful in supporting practices across Redbridge:
1. Practices without websites should consider having a website so that patients can access any necessary information on there. All websites should be accessible to people with communication impairments. Patients should be able to:
- Change the size of the text; some people with a visual impairment need information in a large font size.
- Change the colour of the background; some people cannot read text if there is insufficient contrast between text and background.
- Navigate the whole website without a mouse; some people who are blind/partially sighted with mobility impairments rely on the keyboard.
- Use the sitemap button, as this will make it easier for people with communication impairments to find information on the website.