Part of the local Healthwatch Redbridge programme is to carry out Enter & View visits. Enter & View visits are conducted by a small team of trained volunteers/staff, who are prepared as ‘Authorised Representatives’ to conduct visits to health and social care premises.
Enter & View is the opportunity for Healthwatch Redbridge to:
- Enter publicly funded health and social care premises to see and hear first hand experiences about the service.
- Observe how the service is delivered, often by using a themed approach.
- Collect the views of service users (patients and residents) at the point of service delivery.
- Collect the views of carers and relatives through evidence based feedback by observing the nature and quality of services.
- Report to providers, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Local Authorities, Commissioners, Healthwatch England and other relevant partners.
Enter & View visits are carried out as ‘announced visits’ where arrangements are made with the service provider, or, if certain circumstances dictate, as ‘unannounced’ visits.
Enter & View visits can happen if people tell us there is a problem with a service but, equally, they can occur when services have a good reputation – so we can learn about and share examples of what a service does well.
Our Enter and View volunteers are:
- Athena Daniels
- Margaret Igglesden
- Isabel Harvey
- Chandrakant Patel
- Neil Adie
- Suhasini Winter
- Anne Bertrand
- Sally Curtis
- Hyacinth Osborne
- Kiranbir Kaur
- Roxana Solis