Why volunteer with us?
We greatly value the time and expertise we gain from our volunteers. They bring their experience, enthusiasm and knowledge to their various roles. They support us in a number of different roles from engaging directly with members of the public through our Enter & View visits to providing administration support ensuring that all the feedback we receive from our surveys gets inputted onto our various databases and then used in our reports. We welcome volunteers from diverse backgrounds to reflect the borough that we work in.
Volunteering provides many benefits:
It is a chance to gain new skills and brush up on existing ones. These can be skills that you can write on your CV and discuss at job interviews. Some of our volunteers have used it as a stepping stone to getting a job.
- It is an opportunity to meet new people and develop communication and interpersonal skills.
- It can be an opportunity for networking at community events and finding out about future opportunities.
- If you have worked or volunteered in health and social care, it can be a chance to share your experience and knowledge.
- If you have not been in a professional setting for a while (or ever), volunteering can be a great way to develop confidence in this area.
- As a volunteer, you will be well placed to find out about changes and updates to health and social care services in Redbridge and the projects we are working on. In addition to this, you will be able to have your say and share your views on any ongoing consultations.
- You will be making a difference by helping shape and improve services and influence change. (some current and former Healthwatch Redbridge volunteers)
Enquire about volunteering with us
Contact: Miranda Peers
Telephone: 020 8553 1274
My work with Healthwatch Redbridge has enabled me to understand the necessity of information sharing. The importance of people getting information regarding their health for which they can act on.