Advice and information
people accessed advice and information online, by phone, or face-to-face.
Can't find the right support or services?
On our “Find Services” section, you will find links to health and social care service providers in your area.
What our service is…
- A free, friendly and confidential service that is independent from the NHS and social care services.
- We will perform a signposting role only. This means that we will give the you the contact details for a range of services that best supports your request. You will then need to contact those organisations yourself.
- We can give you information about choices you have with regard to where you might get help in relation to your health, social care and wellbeing needs.
- We can put you in touch with sources of information on NHS and social care services in Redbridge.
- We can give you information about what to do when things go wrong and you don’t understand how to make a complaint.
What our service is not…
- Our service is not supported by trained clinicians or health and care professionals. It means that we cannot offer advice on clinical matters. This might include advise and information about medication, queries about a diagnosis made by a doctor or recommendations about a choice over a particular treatment pathway.
- We are not a part of the NHS or Redbridge Council. Whilst we will use your feedback to improve services, we have no powers to investigate individual formal complaints about them.
- We cannot offer advice as to the ‘best’ place to go to receive a service or offer an opinion as which service you should choose for treatment, care or further information.
- We are not an advocacy service and so cannot make a complaint to a service on your behalf. If you need help or support to formally complain about an NHS service then you should contact VoiceAbility on 0300 330 5454.
- We are not able to offer financial, relationship, legal or similar specialist advice. This form of advice should always be sought from a trained specialist such as a solicitor, counsellor or financial advisor.
How to contact us
You can contact us with your query as follows:
Via our online form
By telephone: 020 8553 1236 (Freephone)
By email: email@example.com
If we cannot resolve your query immediately or a member of staff is unable to speak with you then we will always endeavour to return your call within one working day.
You can download a transcript of this video below.
If you need this information in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03000 68 3000.