HIV & STI testing, workshops and information & advice for those disproportionately impacted by HIV. Peer support, counselling, socials, course and information & advice for those living with HIV.
HIV and/or STI testing services:
- Loxford Polyclinic: Tuesdays 3:30-6:30pm
Epping Forest (testing van): 1st Sunday of the month (times vary depending on sunset)
Lloyds Pharmacy Chigwell: 2nd Monday of the month 3-6pm
Redbridge CVS: 3rd Monday of the month 3-6pm
Redbridge Central Library: 4th Thursday of the month 4.30pm to 7.30pm
The service is fast, free and confidential. It takes just a finger-prick of blood to find out your HIV status in the appointment. Visit www.positiveeast.org.uk/hivtest to book your test and find when and where we test across East London.
Prevention & Testing services:
- HIV & STI testing
- Condoms and lube
- Information stalls at community events with resources and advice on sexual health and wellbeing
- Women4Women, PrEP community champions for women of African descent
- Workshops on sexual health and wellbeing
- Creative sessions including film nights, screen-printing, open-mic and writing workshops which explore healthy relationships, empowering LGBTQ+ and black African communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV, and celebrating developments in HIV treatment
- HIV awareness training to those working in the community
Our Health and Wellbeing services for people living with HIV includes:
- Support Groups
- Peer Mentoring
- Seminars and workshops
- Onsite gym and Café (suspended during Covid)
- Advice and support with housing, finance (including benefits and welfare system) and immigration.
Re:Assure Women’s Project, specialist psychology service for HIV positive women who are asylum seekers and refugees.